Friday, January 5, 2024

Goodreads Review - "The Guncle" (The Guncle, #1)

The GuncleThe Guncle by Steven Rowley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love seeing more and more books with LGBTQ+ storylines because representation matters and I wish I would have seen more of these when I was a child.

When I read books I like to put a face to the person that I'm reading about. If it's already on the screen, then I look up the actors/actresses on iMDB. If it's not on screen yet, I just figure out which person would play the part if it did become one.

I just could not help myself while I was reading this novel. I was able to figure out who Patrick (the guncle) was from the very beginning because Steven Rowley did such a good job with it. I figured out exactly who would be perfect for this role and that's Dan Levy. I kept thinking that Patrick's character was somewhat close to David's character on Schitt's Creek. By doing this, I fell in love with the book even more.

If they make this a movie, I really hope it's Dan Levy as Patrick!! I can't wait for the next book in this series, The Guncle Abroad.

View all my reviews

No comments: