Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Goodreads Review - "The Winners" (Beartown, #3)

The Winners (Beartown, #3)The Winners by Fredrik Backman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Great ending to an amazing series!!! I would still rank Us Against You as my favorite of the series. This is my favorite quote from the book.

“All children are victims of their parents' childhoods, because all adults try to give their kids what they themselves enjoyed or lacked. In the end everything is either a revolt against the adults we encountered or an attempt to copy them. That's why someone who hated their own childhood often has greater empathy than someone who loved theirs. Because someone who had a hard time dreamed of other realities, but someone who had it easy can hardly imagine that things could be any different. We take happiness so easily for granted if we've had it from the start.” - Pg. 461 (paperback)

View all my reviews

No comments: